North Georgia EMC Home Generator Program
Through the Home Generator Program, members can add a back-up source of power to their home with a reliable 22kW generator supplied and safely installed by our third party vendors. Call your local NGEMC office to learn more.
- Type: 22KW Generator with Transfer Switch
- Fuel Type: Natural Gas or Propane ONLY
- Voltage: 120/240 Standard
Powering the Home
- This generator will power a 2,500 sq. ft. home or smaller
- If there are (2) 200AMP disconnects located in the home, the customer will need a second transfer switch
- A site survey will determine the extra transfer switch material and generator size
- The stock unit available is a Generac 22KW Response Series with (1) transfer switch and pad included
- Unit is EPA certified for non-emergency applications
- The Generac "Response Series" is a utility grade generator
- Wi-Fi, smartphone, tablet, and personal computer enabled
Propane or Natural Gas
- The minimum size propane tank needed is 250 gallons. Size will differ in different areas
- Price is dependent upon other gas appliances already in the home
- Customer should contact their natural gas or LP propane provider for additional information
Financing the Unit
- Units may be financed.
- This is a pass-through program, and NGEMC does not retain or generate funds from the Home Generator Program.
- Includes 5 year parts and labor from Generac
Generator Installations and Maintenance
- A site survey will need to be completed to determine pricing for installations.
- The Generac certified maintenance installer will offer a maintenance contract when installed.