Part-Time Utility Aide
March 18, 2020
Open Until Filled
Supervisor of Department Assigned
Dalton, GA. Also travels between Calhoun, Fort Oglethorpe, and Trion offices.
To assist with general physical functions within the Cooperative.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Job Functions and Core Competencies
- Maintains confidentiality of all consumer information and documentation
- The ability to prioritize projects and tasks
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work situations and priorities
- Excellent typing skills and proficiency in the use of general office equipment
- Proficiency in computer-based programs and the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Detailed oriented
- Flexibility of irregular hours for assignment completion
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to administer cash transactions
- Assist members with payment options, application processes, general inquiries, etc...
- Responsible for understanding and implementing company work order procedure and performing all functions of SEDC Work Order System
- Responsible for material and supplies received, issued, and returned to the warehouse, and for accurately documenting such activity
- Responsible for material and supplies transferred between warehouses, and for accurately documenting such activity
- Responsible for inventory control and management of materials and supplies
- Responsible for general operation of warehouse facilities
- Responsible for the test and repair security lights and related components
- Maintains knowledge of lift truck operation, policies and procedures, and demonstrates smoothness and positive control when operating lift truck
- Ability to learn software programs and systems to assist with records and mapping details as needed.
- Adhere to the Cooperative values and goals of NGEMC
- Strong commitment to service, teamwork, accuracy, and stewardship
- The ability to learn North Georgia EMC’s policies and procedures
- The ability to obtain and/or maintain a valid Georgia driver's license
- The ability to satisfactorily pass North Georgia EMC’s pre-employment, post-offer drug screen, and background check
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Safety: Continually adheres to regulations and ongoing training to ensure that he/she and his/her team are protected from an unlikely to cause danger, risk, or injury.
- Operational Excellence: Works smart and efficiently to provide exceptional reliability and is a sound financial and economic steward. Collaborates to develop the best solutions.
- Engagement and Growth: Takes responsibility for own actions, success and growth. Expresses commitment to work hard, with a positive attitude. Demonstrates good judgement and embraces constructive criticism and challenges. Seeks opportunities to learn and share knowledge.
- Integrity: Honest, respectful, kind and trustworthy. Brings a positive influence and values diversity. Eager to own, apologize and fix mistakes promptly and follow through timely on commitments. Maintains confidentiality.
- Teamwork: Provides assistance, information or other support for the team to build or maintain relationships with them.
- Customer Commitment: Puts the convenience of the members first; asks for and values members’ opinions. Provides solutions with a sense of urgency and concern while being present, open and empathetic.
- Community Minded: Desires to make a difference in the communities served by NGEMC.
- Change: Constantly seeks opportunities to develop better services and more efficient processes.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities (some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees). Requires physical ability in reaching, stooping, standing, walking, lifting, must be able to lift small objects with the fingers, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive operations, and defined sedentary work. Visual acuity required with administrative machine operation. Ability to lift up to 70 pounds in a warehouse setting. Work in all-weather elements including extreme temperatures.
General office environment; requires the flexibility to work irregular hours for assignment completion; requires the ability to work during emergency situations and availability during inclement weather.