Member Communications Specialist
October 16, 2020
Open until filled
Vice President of Corporate Services
To assist in the creation of company publications and productions, to maintain content of company website and social media channels, to manage the total online presence of the cooperative, to collect analytic data from these efforts and use the data to shape the strategic communications plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field of study.
- Graphic design and marketing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use the Adobe suite of programs.
- Experience in website development and maintenance through a content management system.
- Supports Annual Meeting Committee in all of its activities, completes activities assigned to the marketing group, and monitors the progress of all necessary steps in preparation for the meeting.
- Creates or assists with all publications external and internal including, but not limited to:
- Media releases
- Newspaper advertisements
- Georgia Magazine newsletters and mailing lists
- Review and editing of external letters for other departments
- Proofreading and editing as needed
- Kiosk and lobby slides
- Administers and optimizes the NGEMC public website to existing and unfolding standards of communication, including accessibility and LEP standards. Also develops new features and content as needed.
- Creates digital multi-media pieces as needed.
- Along with other members of the marketing department, monitors NGEMC’s social media sites after hours and responds to member and media interactions.
- Along with other members of the Marketing team, generates content on various topics as assigned, including research, copy writing, and gathering any necessary media.
- Cross trains with all members of the Marketing team on any area outside normal job scope in order to provide backup for all functions.
- Gathers and studies communications analytic data for reporting and strategic planning.
- Compiles and packages data from these reports for regular updates to the staff and board.
- Provides necessary communications support to other departments.
- Monitors industry news sources and reports back on topics of interest.
- Administers the Watts-Up page on Socialcast for internal communication purposes and offers training to employees as needed. Generally, evaluates all content published to public areas on the site for compliance with NGEMC’s Corporate Values and Employee Guidelines.
- Photography (new employees/events/other). Also maintains a record of gathered photo releases.
- Orders marketing and promotional materials as needs arise.
- Marketing / Communications file clean up. Includes tagging photos of employees.
- Assists with all NGEMC events as required.
- Ensures universal compliance with accessibility standards in NGEMC’s communications.
- Facilitates cross-department communication with various teams in order to glean information and update the communications strategic plan.
- Works with full marketing team to set up strategic plan annually.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate program details to customers, members and media.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours for assignment completion.
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships with area newspaper, editors and reporters.
- Ability to carry out projects independently from planning to completion.
- High level of adaptability and the ability to learn new job functions and technologies quickly.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities (some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees). Requires physical ability in reaching, stooping, standing, walking, lifting, must be able to lift small objects with the fingers, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive operations, and defined sedentary work. Visual acuity required with administrative machine operation.
General office environment; requires flexibility to work during emergency situations; requires flexibility to work irregular hours.