Part-Time Shop Mechanic
January 19, 2021
Open until filled
Manager, Field Administration
Field Administration Services
To provide maintenance and repair of all company vehicles (33,000 GVW and below) and line construction equipment in a manner that ensures the safe operation of stated equipment.
Qualifications and Duties
- High School Graduate/Equivalent
- Five (5) years of experience in vehicle (33,000 GVW and below) or line construction type equipment maintenance and welding
- The ability to have and maintain a valid Georgia Commercial Driver's License (Class A) and DOT certification.
- Minimum of two years technical school training in automotive mechanics or equivalent.
- Ensures timely and complete repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Schedules DOT inspections and routine and preventive maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
- Maintains an inventory of parts most commonly used to ensure repairs can be scheduled in a timely manner.
- Helps determine the most efficient and effective method of repairing equipment and vehicles, i.e., in-house or send out.
- Ensures accurate records are maintained of all parts used, completion of work orders, indicating repairs made and hours spent on each job.
- Ensures contracted work is performed as indicated on repair ticket and logs this information in company database.
- Inspects company vehicles and line type equipment in accordance with established procedures and preventive maintenance standards.
- Maintains tools, supplies and materials necessary to service cooperative's vehicles and equipment.
- Assists with the development of purchase specifications for vehicles and construction equipment.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of standard specifications for all fleet vehicles and construction hydraulic equipment.
- Works with third party sources to ensure that company specifications meet minimum industry specifications.
- In accordance with established schedules, conduct inspections on a regular basis to recognize and prevent premature mechanical failure.
- Remains qualified to perform annual DOT vehicle inspections.
- Provides advice on vehicles and equipment requiring more than normal maintenance; recommends their replacement or the replacement of identified parts or apparatus necessary for continued service.
- Repairs and operates company vehicles, equipment and tools in a safe manner in compliance with company standards and manufacturer's instructions.
- Utilizes safety precautions when lifting, pushing or pulling heavy equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs hydraulic systems.
- Rebuilds engines, drives trains and booms, as directed.
- Replacement of clutches, transmissions and rear end assemblies.
- Tunes engines, as directed.
- Change and replaces large tires, axles, starters, brakes and rims.
- Performs welding and fabrication, as deemed necessary.
- Keeps shop and work area neat and orderly to assure safety and maximize efficiency.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Proven expertise in mechanical aptitude, vehicle maintenance tools, and equipment.
- Safety: Continually adheres to regulations and ongoing training to ensure that he/she and his/her team are protected from an unlikely to cause danger, risk, or injury.
- Operational Excellence: Works smart and efficiently to provide exceptional reliability and is a sound financial and economic steward. Collaborates to develop the best solutions.
- Engagement and Growth: Takes responsibility for own actions, success and growth. Expresses commitment to work hard, with a positive attitude. Demonstrates good judgement and embraces constructive criticism and challenges. Seeks opportunities to learn and share knowledge.
- Integrity: Honest, respectful, kind and trustworthy. Brings a positive influence and values diversity. Eager to own, apologize and fix mistakes promptly and follow through timely on commitments. Maintains confidentiality.
- Teamwork: Provides assistance, information or other support for the team to build or maintain relationships with them.
- Customer Commitment: Puts the convenience of the members first; asks for and values members’ opinions. Provides solutions with a sense of urgency and concern while being present, open and empathetic.
- Community Minded: Desires to make a difference in the communities served by NGEMC.
- Change: Constantly seeks opportunities to develop better services and more efficient processes.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities (some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees). Require physical ability in reaching, standing, walking, climbing, the ability to lift small objects with the fingers, grasping, stooping, kneeling, talking, hearing, pushing, pulling, and lifting. Visual acuity required. May require strenuous physical work, including heavy lifting.
Requires the flexibility to work during emergency situations. Indoor and outdoor work with exposure to adverse elements of weather.
Additional Information to Applicants
- All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, political affiliation, labor organization affiliation, marital status, or other non-merit factors.
- Travel expense will be paid by the applicant.
- Relocation expenses, if any, will not be paid by North Georgia EMC.