Part-time Human Resources Generalist
March 15, 2019
Open untill filled.
Purpose and Description:
To provide overall support to the HR department including, but not limited to, all aspects of human resources administration, benefit administration, employee relations, performance development, succession planning, compliance, recruitment, retention, and cross-training in payroll processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in Human Resources or related field or a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Maintain positive working relationship with all employees and support company policies. Recommend policy and procedure enhancements.
- Support management in deploying human resources policies, programs and initiatives including but not limited to employment, compensation, training, talent acquisition and development, work practices and employee selection.
- Assist in the process of recruitment and selection of personnel.
- Process new hire, termination, and retirement election forms and notifications.
- Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable human resources processes, and share best practices.
- Partner with the management team and employees concerning benefits, policies and procedures.
- Conduct periodic wage surveys and make recommendations to management for local wage structure.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of data for reports as well as organizational analysis.
- Assist with the annual Affirmative Action Planning, EEO and Veteran reporting, and subsequent analysis.
- Work closely with all human resources’ vendors and establish new relationships as needed.
- Work closely with the company’s benefit brokerage team and financial partners to administer the company’s benefit programs.
- Participate in the annual open enrollment process.
- Assist in the bidding process for medical, prescription, and dental coverage.
- Provide support regarding evaluation and administration of 401(k) benefits, LTD, life insurance, and elective insurance options.
- Coordinate educational opportunities regarding all benefits and wellness.
- Ensure all required notices and documents are issued timely and accurately.
- Ensure billing changes due to life events.
- Assist in the review of accounts and billing to ensure accuracy and assist in processing payments, when needed.
- Support all year-end processes as needed.
- Ensure performance reviews, compensation reviews, and development plans are maintained and processed timely and accurately.
- Support and communicate with management regarding assigned projects and reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a strong customer service mindset
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize events
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and cooperate with diverse team members
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks
- Ability to utilize technology to maximize efficiencies and service
- Ability to promote safer, better, faster, and leaner work practices
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities (some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees). Requires physical ability in reaching, stooping, standing, walking, lifting, must be able to lift small objects with the fingers, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive operations, and defined sedentary work. Visual acuity required with administrative machine operation.
General office environment; requires flexibility to work during emergency situations; requires flexibility to work irregular hours.
Additional Information to Applicants
- All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, political affiliation, labor organization affiliation, marital status, or other non-merit factors.
- Travel expense will be paid by the applicant.
- Relocation expenses, if any, will not be paid by North Georgia EMC.