Manager, Energy Services
March 24, 2021
Open until filled
VP, Member Services
To manage the development and implementation of conservation, efficiency, load control, and other energy related programs and services for NGEMC’s residential and commercial members successfully and cost-effectively. To represent NGEMC with individuals and groups engaged in activities and decisions on the use of energy in homes and small businesses. Educate and inform members and employees about the energy services offered by NGEMC. Ensure the functions of the department are performed in the most efficient and effective manner. Recommend department policies, procedures, and service level standards. Resolves operational issues and analyze member demand. Employ data analytics to evaluate trends, forecast, develop reports, promote efficiencies, and expand service options.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology, business administration, or related field.
- Previous experience in the utility industry and knowledge of energy services.
- Three or more years of experience as a residential and/or small commercial energy advisor.
- Previous management experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Evaluates and assesses energy needs of residential and commercial members, identifies applicable solutions, and develops and implements procedures necessary to satisfy needs.
- Works closely with department VP in developing annual work plan and budget for Energy Services to be provided to NGEMC members.
- Develops Residential/Small Commercial Energy Service program guidelines, materials, correspondence, etc. for appropriate dissemination.
- Assists with development and implementation of communication/advertising programs to inform members, energy decision makers, and the public as to the energy services available from NGEMC.
- Assists with development and implementation of employee awareness and training programs to educate and inform employees as to the energy services offered by NGEMC and encourage employees to actively promote use of available resources.
- Provides assistance when needed to large commercial and industrial energy service representatives.
- Coordinates and oversees the implementation of energy services and other residential/small commercial programs.
- Manages the administration of applicable financing programs, rebate allocation, and inspection procedures to ensure they meet guidelines and member satisfaction.
- Ensures timely follow-up on commitments to provide energy services to members.
- Supervises communications between department personnel and members regarding energy services programs and needs.
- Maintains knowledge of current energy services and directs the member toward those services most beneficial to them.
- Maintains working knowledge of energy efficient home construction techniques, insulation, equipment standards, and industry trends in energy use, conservation, and management.
- Maintains working knowledge of HVAC systems, heat pump retrofit units, and efficiency ratings.
- Works closely with members, groups, trade allies, and community partners in promoting endeavors mutually beneficial to the membership and the communities served by NGEMC.
- Assists in the implementation and deployment of the department’s electrical safety demonstration for schools, civic organizations, and community events.
- Monitors and records the activity and effectiveness of energy service programs and communicates regularly to NGEMC management and appropriate personnel about program activity.
- Monitors the utilization of the annual energy services budget – Small Commercial and Residential Services.
- Prepares a monthly report of residential and small commercial activity.
- Maintains a current database of residential, small commercial program participants and participating trade allies.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to work independently on projects and produce results in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with and manage a team.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to master various internet-based applications and computer applications.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours for assignment completion and emergency outage situations.
- Safety: Continually adheres to regulations and ongoing training to ensure that he/she and his/her team are protected from an unlikely to cause danger, risk, or injury. Committed to zero contacts.
- Operational Excellence: Works smart and efficiently to provide exceptional reliability and is a sound financial and economic steward. Collaborates to develop the best solutions.
- Engagement and Growth: Takes responsibility for own actions, success and growth. Expresses commitment to work hard, with a positive attitude. Demonstrates good judgement and embraces constructive criticism and challenges. Seeks opportunities to learn and share knowledge.
- Integrity: Honest, respectful, kind and trustworthy. Brings a positive influence and values diversity. Eager to own, apologize and fix mistakes promptly and follow through timely on commitments. Maintains confidentiality.
- Teamwork: Provides assistance, information or other support for the team to build or maintain relationships with them.
- Customer Commitment: Puts the convenience of the members first; asks for and values members’ opinions. Provides solutions with a sense of urgency and concern while being present, open and empathetic.
- Community Minded: Desires to make a difference in the communities served by NGEMC.
- Change: Constantly seeks opportunities to develop better services and more efficient processes
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities (some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.) Require physical ability in stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, kneeling, crawling, talking, hearing, the ability to touch or handle lightly with the fingers, grasping, and defined medium work. Required visual acuity in machine operation.
Must be able to move safely around customer facilities including climbing ladders and stairs and bending and crawling.
General office environment with some outside environmental exposure and member field contact. Require the flexibility to work during emergency situations; require flexibility to work irregular hours for assignment completion. Varied work hours in accordance with assigned schedule.