July 30, 2019
Open until filled
To provide the design of basic, single-phase and multi-phase systems; to prepare maps, staking sheets, drawings and complete power line design functions with minimal supervision, in accordance with North Georgia EMC policies and procedures.
- Associate’s degree in engineering or related field; or five years of experience in an electric distribution system, engineering and/or construction operations.
- Ability to complete an approved staking program within a specified timeframe.
- Experience with designing in an electric distribution system, engineering and/or construction operations is highly preferred.
- Effectively designs, routes, and lays out electric distribution and service facilities including transformers in accordance with member’s desires, if possible, while satisfying NGEMC/RUS specifications.
- Accurately prepares staking sheets, checks drawings, and prepares all paperwork in accordance with NGEMC policies within allotted time frame.
- Accurately calculates load.
- Resolves member complaints.
- Effectively communicates all job-related information, requirements, costs and options to the members.
- Accurately prepares written documents, including necessary permits, easements, contracts and cost estimates as required.
- Advises members and the public concerning engineering problems regarding electric service requested and/or required.
- Prepares staking sheets and related agreements to accommodate joint use of poles and trenches by other utilities in accordance with the agreement with each utility.
- Submits full and concise written reports of field activities and investigations as required.
- Maintains safety standards and awareness. Responsible for compliance with the Cooperative’s current safety standards.
- Directs the restoration of power during outages, as directed.
- Progress toward designing jobs related to DOT projects and associated paperwork involved in DOT projects.
- Effectively designs and stakes electric lines to be built/rebuilt including new construction, system improvements, overhead and underground construction. This includes, but is not limited to, all single-phase line extensions, three phase line extensions, and single phase to three phase conversions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills for effective interaction with other personnel and for providing member assistance and securing necessary information.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work situations and priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code requirements for the construction and maintenance of an electrical distribution system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NGEMC’s Service Rules and Regulations and NGEMC’s specifications
- The ability to perform all staking functions with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency in different personal computer operating environments.
- Demonstrated current technical knowledge required to effectively perform job duties.
- Demonstrated willingness to further develop knowledge and skill set in order to progress in position and complete more advanced tasks.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities (some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees). Requires physical ability in reaching, stooping, standing, walking, lifting, must be able to lift small objects with the fingers, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive operations, and defined sedentary work. Visual acuity required with administrative machine operation.
Both general office and field work environment; requires the flexibility to work irregular hours for assignment completion; requires the ability to work during emergency situations and availability during inclement weather.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO APPLICANTS
- All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, political affiliation, labor organization affiliation, marital status, or other non-merit factors.
- Travel expense will be paid by the applicant.
- Relocation expenses, if any, will not be paid by North Georgia EMC.