Space Heater Safety
Space heaters are a leading cause of house fires during the Winter. Take these important safety precautions when using them.
- Only use heaters listed by a recognized testing laboratory.
- Place your space heater on a level, non-flammable surface away from furniture, drapes, rugs, etc..
- Make sure your space heater has an auto shutoff function.
- Never pair your space heater with an extension cord.
- Never leave a space heater unattended when in use.
- Purchase space heaters that are cool to the touch.